How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to iPhone? iCloud offers its users a maximum of 5GB of storage as we all know. You will not be able to sync photos and videos across your devices if you go over your iCloud storage limit. If you need to transfer or sync more than 5GB of photos and videos between iOS devices but do not want to upgrade your iCloud storage plan, you can use some iCloud alternatives.
We have collected three practical methods for transferring photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud. Even if there is no computer available, you can also transfer photos between iPhones without using iCloud and computer by using last method. (Methods offered in this guide can also be used to move photos from iPhone to iPad without iCloud)
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone Without iCloud
EaseUSMobiMover is the top iPhone data transfer software that allows users to transfer files from iPhone to iPhone in one click. EaseUSMobiMover lets you move photos, contacts, notes, books, Safari bookmarks, movies, TV shows, videos, music, ringtones, playlists, and audiobooks within seconds. This iOS data transfer software can also help you back up the entire iPhone files to the computer without any data size limitations. You can also transfer files from PC to iPhone without deleting any existing data.
- Connect both your old iPhone and the latest iPhone to your computer. From the main interface of EaseUSMobiMover, select “Phone to Phone”. Then, set your old iPhone as the source device and the newly purchased iPhone target device and click the “Next” button to continue.
- Next, select the files you want to copy. You can also transfer music, ringtones, videos, contacts, and more from your previous iPhone to the new one.
- Push the “Transfer” button to start importing photos from iPhone to iPhone. It will take time depending on the size of the files. Wait for the process to complete. After that, go to the “Photos” app on your brand-new iPhone and check the newly copied photos.
Using iTunes, you can transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
Apple’s iTunes is another way to back up and sync iPhone data, like iCloud. To transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes, you must back up the pictures on the first iPhone, then sync the pictures to the target iPhone. Moreover, if you have made an iTunes backup, you can restore your iPhone from the backup once your iPhone stops working normally.
Back up old iPhone photos with iTunes
- Connect your old iPhone to your computer and run iTunes.
- Click the iPhone device button within iTunes. Find out how to fix it online if your iPhone won’t connect to iTunes.
- To begin backing up the old iPhone, including iPhone photos, click “This computer” > “Back Up Now” > “Apply.”
With iTunes, you can transfer photos from iTunes to your new iPhone
- Plug out the old iPhone and re-connect the brand-new iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
- Within iTunes, click the iPhone device button, then choose “Photos” > “Sync Photos” > “Sync”. Once the transfer is complete, the photos will appear on your new iPhone.
As long as you have made an iTunes backup, you can sync all the supportable files from the iTunes library to your brand-new iPhone. This includes transferring playlists from iTunes to iPhone and syncing contacts to the device.
Using AirDrop, you can transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud or a computer
Airdropping photos between iOS devices requires both devices to run iOS 7 or later and to have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled. If you don’t learn how to turn on AirDrop on your iPhone, you can launch Control Center by swiping up/down (iPhone X/XS/XR) on your iPhone or iPad > Long hit on the Wi-Fi button > Tap AirDrop> Tap the “Contacts Only” or “Everyone” button to turn on AirDrop. Follow the steps to airdrop photos from iPhone to iPhone when you’re ready. In addition, the following steps can also be used to airdrop photos from iPhone to iPad.
- On your source iPhone, open the Photos app. Select the photos you want to transfer to your target iPhone.
- Select your target iPhone by tapping the “Share” button > Click “AirDrop”.
- On your target iPhone, click “Accept” when a prompt asks you whether to accept the photos from your source iPhone.
If you have a brand new iPhone and want to get photos from the old iPhone, you can also use QuickStart and Migration. In iOS 11 and iOS 12.4, you can transfer everything from the old iPhone to the new iPhone to iPhone to get photos.
Transferring Photos from iPhone to iPhone Using iCloud
Make sure you have enough storage space on your iPhone before you begin transferring photos from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud. You can manage your iCloud storage to make more space available if you don’t have enough space to store all of your photos and videos.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap the name at the top of the screen.
- Tap the “iCloud”. Your iCloud storage space will be displayed, along with a list of apps that are storing data in iCloud.
- Click “Photos” > Make sure “iCloud Photos” is turned on.
- After that, you can add the iCloud ID you used to back up photos on the source device to the target device, and then all photos and videos will be uploaded to your newly acquired device.
With the methods mentioned above, you can quickly transfer photos from the old iPhone to the newly acquired iPhone without using iCloud. EaseUSMobiMover is easy to use and fast to transfer data. You can use it to manage your iOS data or to download videos from any video-sharing website. Its only drawback is that you have to install third-party software.
iTunes can be used without any third-party software, but it crashes and freezes very often, which might cause data loss. AirDrop enables you to transfer photos between iOS devices, but it requires a stable WiFi connection and only supports a few photos transfer.