The Final Fantasy 14 game hasShadowbringer relic weapons, special glowing weapons for each job. The Shadowbringer’s expansion relic weapons are all related to Bozja and the Blades of Gunnhildr.
We’ll detail how to get that beautiful endgame weapon in this Final Fantasy 14 Shadowbringers relic weapon guide.
Relic Weapons, Explained
Weapons that look beautiful and have a unique animation are known as relics. After upgrading the weapon several times, you’ll have the most powerful weapon in Shadowbringers as a trophy for your effort and work. However, you’ll have to put in a lot of effort. It is better to do the steps over a longer period of time than to do them quickly and burn out.
Almost all of the weapon upgrading steps involve participating in The Bozjan Southern Front, the instanced Shadowbringers area with its unique battle system. While there are alternative ways to obtain the weapon upgrade materials for many of these steps, you will need to rank up in Bozja to upgrade your weapon beyond a certain point, so prepare for that.
There are lots of steps to get the most powerful weapon in the expansion. You’ll have to repeat most of the steps for every weapon you want.
How to Make Resistance Weapons
These are the weapons with 485 item levels and they were released in patch 5.25.
To get your first weapon:
- Finish the “Shadowbringers” main scenario quest.
- Finish the side quest “The City of Lost Angels.”
- Finish the quests “Hail to the Queen,” “Path to the Past,” “The Bozja Incident,” and “Fire in the Forge.”
For every other weapon after this, you must complete the quest “Resistance is (Not) futile” as the job you want it for. The ThavnairianScalepowders need to be returned to Zlatan. Tomestone NPC vendors, like Auriana in Revenant’s Toll and Hismena in Idyllshire, sell them for 250 AllaganTomestones of Poetics each.
How to Augment Your Resistance Weapons
In the next step, you will upgrade your Resistance weapon, boosting its stats and item level to 500. The step was added in patch 5.35.
You can get an augmented version of any of your weapons by following these steps:
- Complete the “Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty” main scenario quest.
- Finish the side quests “A Sober Proposal” and “Where Eagles Nest.”
- Prepare your Resistance weapon from step one.
- Accept the repeatable quest “For Want of a Memory” from Zlatan in Gangos.
- Turn in 20 Tortured Memories of the Dying, 20 Sorrowful Memories of the Dying, and 20 Harrowing Memories of the Dying.
You can get all 60 memories as random drops from Skirmishes and Critical Engagements in The Bozjan Southern Front.
You can also earn these from doing FATEs in Heavensward zones if you don’t like Bozja. A yellow Tortured Memory of the Dying is a reward for successfully completing FATEs in Coerthas Western Highlands and the Sea of Clouds. The blue Sorrowful Memory of Dying is rewarded in the Dravanian Forelands and the Churning Mists. For completing FATEs in the Dravanian Hinterlands and AzysIla, you will receive the red Harrowing Memory of the Dying.
For the job you want the weapon for, you don’t need to earn the memories. As an example, if you want the White Mage cane, you do not need to be playing as White Mage until it’s time to turn in the quest items.
How to Make Recollection Weapons
The third step gives your relic weapon its iconic glow, but the item level remains at 500. This was added in patch 5.35.
To get your Recollection weapon:
- Complete the previous steps listed above.
- Get the repeatable quest “The Will to Resist” from Zlatan in Gangos.
- Submit six Bitter Memories of the Dying.
The green Bitter Memories of the Dying are rewards for completing level 60 dungeons and drops from enemies in Bozja. You can also get a Bitter Memory of the Dying a day by doing Leveling Roulette in the Duty Finder. Syncing your level does not reward you with memories for completing level 60 dungeons.
Just like the previous step, you do not need to be playing the job you want the weapon for in order to get the memories.
How to Get Law’s Order Weapons
When you upgrade your weapon to a Law’s Order weapon, its item level will rise to 510. This feature was added in patch 5.45.
To get your next relic:
- Complete the steps above.
- Hit Resistance Rank 10 in Bozja.
- Complete the Bozja dungeon, Castrum Lacus Litore.
- Finish the side quests “A Sign of What’s to Come”, “Fit for a Queen”, and “In the Queen’s Image.”
- You can accept the repeatable quest “Change of Arms” from Zlatan in Gangos.
- Zlatan should receive 15 Loathsome Memories of the Dying.
The gray Loathsome Memories of the Dying are rewards for beating Castrum Lacus Litore’s final boss, clearing any Crystal Tower alliance raid, and completing critical engagements in Bozja. Defeating the Castrum Lacus Litore boss rewards five memories.
Similar to the previous steps, you do not need to earn these memories while playing as the job you want the weapon for.
How to Augment Your Law’s Order Weapons
Enhancing your Law’s Order weapons will boost their item level to 515 and give them a special glowing appearance. It was added in patch 5.45.
The augmented version of your Law’s Order weapons can be obtained by following these steps:
- Complete all of the steps above.
- Accept the side quest “The Resistance Remembers.”
- It is time to turn in the 18 Haunting Memories of the Dying and the 18 Vexatious Memories of the Dying.
- Accept the quest “A New Path of Resistance.”
- Collect and turn in the 15 Timeworn Artifacts.
Pink Haunting Memories of the Dying drop from Shadow of Mhach alliance raids and FATEs in GyrAbania. Yellow Vexatious Memories of the Dying drop from Return to Ivalice alliance raids and FATEs in the Far East.
If you get all 36 memories once, you will not have to do this part again for subsequent weapons. It is faster to do FATEs for memories than raids, but memories are not guaranteed to drop from completing FATEs, so you may experience frustrating unlucky streaks.
You can get Timeworn Artifacts by doing Palace of the Dead and Bozja’sDelubrumReginae raid.
How to Get Your Blade’s Weapon
This step gives you a 535 item-level weapon and was added in patch 5.55.
To get this weapon:
- You must follow all of the steps above.
- Complete the “Futures Rewritten” main scenario quest.
- Complete the “A New Playing Field” side quest.
- Take the “What Dreams are made of” side quest from Gerolt in Gangos.
- Open the three quests that appear: “Spare Parts”, “Tell Me a Story”, and “A Fond Memory.”
- Turn in the 30 Compact Axles, Compact Springs, A Day in the Life: Battles for the Realm, A Day in the Life: Beyond the Rift, Bleak Memories of Dying, and Lurid Memories of Dying. (Yes, 180 items total!)
- Complete the quest “A Done Deal.”
- Start the repeatable quest “Irresistible.”
- Collect and turn in 15 Raw Emotions.
As you complete the above steps, you’ll be able to unlock the 180 items from Zadnor. You can also farm these items by completing specific raids, but you won’t be rewarded for doing these raids without synching.